Manhappenin' magazine

The Student News Site of Kansas State University

Manhappenin' magazine

Manhappenin' magazine

Galentines Day
Galentine's Day
April 8, 2024
design by MADISON COULTER
Budget 'Til You Drop
April 8, 2024
design by JOSCELYNE ESPINOZA
Birthday Themes
April 8, 2024
Designed by Laura Armbruster
Slow Living
March 19, 2024

Birthday Themes

design by JOSCELYNE ESPINOZA

Parties are such a fun and memorable event to experience with friends! Being creative and deciding on a theme can be challenging. It is hard to know where to start or even how to find inspiration.  Planning small fun activities can make throwing a party a lot more fun. Whether you prefer a more chill or over the top party there are plenty to choose from. 

Planning

The first step into planning is to figure out how much money you want to spend on decorations. If you want a lower budget party, be creative with decorations or even DIY them. Then decide if you are wanting a more laid back party or a more extravagant party. The best way to find inspiration is by either going on Pinterst or finding inspiration through other people’s parties. Another important task is to figure out how many people you plan on inviting. That can determine where to have the party at and what to do for it. 

Some laid back activities that would be fun are bonfire, game night, movie night or even a fun charcuterie night where everyone brings different types of charcuterie board. All of the more laid back activities can always be changed to more extravagant by adding more decorations or making it a certain theme. 

Vintage Tea Party

If you want to host a tea party the first step is to figure out your budget. If you don’t want to not spend a lot of money, get cheap supplies from the dollar store. Next, think of what can be fun to do while hosting the party. An idea is to make flower bouquets, that way they can have a fun activity to do and to take home with them. Another item they could take home is the teacups that are used for the party. You can easily thrift the teacups if you are wanting to save money. Have your guest arrive in cute tea party outfits to make the party more on theme. 

Camp/Bonfire

Hosting a bonfire party can be really easy.  Getting supplies to make smores and hamburgers or hotdogs is the main necessities for the party. Some of the activities you can do are listen to music, tell memorable stories or play board games. You can even make it a camping trip and go hiking earlier in the day. 

Coquette 

The big trend for birthday parties is pink and girly. If that is the vibe of the party Coquette is perfect. You could be really creative and have a lot of bows and balloons. Even having pearl decorations can be really fun too. Add bows to your hair to make it even cuter for the theme. 

Disco/Sparkle 

Wanting to host a decade-long party could be really fun. Make it an early 2000s or 70s theme and have lots of bright colors and disco balloons. Make everyone dress up for them to make it really fun. Play fun music and have a great time.