Friendsgiving is coming up and if you want some yummy meals to show off to your friends but don’t want to spend a fortune, I’ve got you covered! If you’re wanting to make something sweet or salty, below are some great and affordable ideas, and if you are more of a side dish person, that’s perfect too!
Apple Spice Dump Cake: $10
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 2 21-oz cans of Apple Pie Filling
- ½ Cup butter 8 Tbsp.
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray inside of a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Empty cans of Apple Pie Filling into the bottom of Casserole Dish, then spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon over the apple pie filling.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix and melted butter, and stir until a crumbly consistency.(break up any large chunks into small crumbles with spoon)
- Pour cake crumble mixture over apples in Casserole Dish, spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are hot and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
BBQ Crockpot Meatballs $13
- 26.oz fully cook Frozen meatball
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray Barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Welch’s Concord Grape Jam
- Add 1 cup Barbecue sauce and 1 cup Grape Jam to a medium bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Place frozen Meatballs in a 5-6 quart slow cooker, covering meatballs with contents from a medium bowl.
- Place lid on your slow cooker and heat meatball mixture on low for 4 hours or High for 2 hours or until done. Stir mixture occasionally.
- Once done, set your slow cooker to the WARM setting. Enjoy your delicious meatballs right away or slowly.
Green Beans and Bacon $11
- 1 package of 12 oz Bacon
- 1 12 oz bag frozen Green Beans
- Half Yellow Onion
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the yellow onion and bacon into small pieces.
- In a skillet add your onion, bacon and garlic.
- Stir until bacon is to your liking.
- Add frozen green beans and cook until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
BBQ Meatballs link: https://neverendingjourneys.com/2016/08/28/crock-pot-bbq-meatball-recipe/
Apple Spice Dump Cake link: https://neverendingjourneys.com/2016/08/01/apple-spice-dump-cake-recipe/